Share your favorite application updates
We’ve all been there. Downloaded a promising application on our phone and used it only to find errors and bad design. Then, one day, the developer updates the application and Joy! your application is all that was promised and more. It’s enough to put a smile on the face of a mobile nerd for a day.
When I asked folks on Twitter for favorite app updates @DrewFitz responded with this app update story: “@sonyanews I helped thinkmac with a bug in iKana touch. If you had the sound off, you’d always get 0% on the quiz. He fixed it in an update.”
Here are my favorite and least favorite application updates. Please share your own list in comments.
- The new colors, enhanced visuals and extra tools added to Fieldrunners – an already good game made even better.
- The “easter egg” added to the Google app. I mean, it’s just a nice treat when developers add stuff just for fun.
- Mobile Fotos recently added a small thing or two I cannot remember, but at the same time updated the app’s functionality. Some developers only think of cool things to do with apps, rather than the most important – ease of use aspect.
- A small thing, but still, the improved graphics (and addition of mint chocolate chip ice cream) on the Scoops app are much appreciated (screenshot at right).
- Holiday fish and lights were added in December to the Koi Pond application (screenshot at left).
- Fart sounds added to Tweetie – I mean, come on, just leave the farts to the fart apps and the tweets to the Twitter apps.
- 12seconds.tv turns free to gain more users – but fails to actually update the application which has difficult navigation and Windows-Mobile-quality design.
- Twittelator releases an update that includes a new homescreen icon. What? No random egg? Nope, same egg, only this time on a black background. What?!
Please share your own favorite and least favorite application updates in comments!
No related posts.